Monday 13 June 2011

Poem: Summer


Most people like summer
They like the sunshine
In fact there's nothing better
And the heat's just fine!

They like the grass to be green
And the sky to be blue
They like the leaves to be green
And the water to be blue

But I must confess
Summer does not agree with me!
That wretched heat is to excess
And the worst of it is the humidity

While most enjoy the summer
With all of it's "charms," they say
I can't help but think it a bummer
To waste three months this way

So if you must: enjoy your solstice
In all of it's drattedness
And I'll enjoy my equinox
No matter if the whole world balks!



By Goldberry

2 comments:

  1. I like this poem. Good job on it!But I still like summer.
    -Devin-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you! Summer is just not right...

    ReplyDelete